Monday, February 16, 2015

 
 
Gabriel Uther Yates
 
 
I am pleased to announce my new line of wreaths, called Gabe's Line.  This post would be best written by my daughter, but that is not a possibility at this time, so I will best describe it myself.
 
Gabe is my little grandson who died from an unknown disease at the tender age of 6 months of age.  He spent all but 1 month of his life in Doernbecher's Children's Hospital in Portland, Oregon.  He came from rich Irish blood and was a true fighter.
 
 
I never met Gabe, but from the stories my daughter told me and the feelings I felt in my soul after Gabe has passed away I know he was a strong fighter, but his little body just couldn't fight what was plaguing him.  He had brain surgeries for tubes to be inserted, he had both kidneys removed and he was loved and precious. 
 
 
My daughter fought tirelessly to take care of him and also her toddler, Sophie.  With little support, except phone support from me, she had only the nurses to rely on and her own strength.  In this journey I hope she realizes that she found strength in her that she never ever knew she had.  She was a immovable force to be not be crossed.  She knew every little detail of every machine, tube and injection going into that sweet little boy.  She was his care taker more than those nurses. 





 
 
When they took him home to pass away she never left his side, loving him, nurturing him and whispering sweet softness only they know about.  Little Gabe stole a huge piece of her heart that I hope by now has healed at some point.  It's been about 4 years now and I pray that she has found some sort of peace in the hard, long journey she had to endure. 
 
I wish she had allowed me to walk with her on that journey, but she sent me away several months after Gabe's death and I haven't heard of her since.  My life is a void without her in it.  How can a mother be whole without all her children around her.  However, I walk each day with hope in my heart she will one day come back to me as my daughter.
 
Like I said I never met him, but oh how I love that little guy.  How dear he is to me.  I see him in every rainbow as he calls down from heaven and says "Hi Grandma". 

This new line:  Gabe's Line is for all the children suffering at Doernbecher's Children's Hospital, located in Portland Oregon where Gabe lived his little life.  No bill was ever given to my daughter.  All expenses paid.

This line will be going into hospital gift shops in Columbus, OH shortly and all proceeds going to Doernbecher's.  Please help me help those priceless little angels sent from heaven just to receive a body.  Help me help those families that grieve those loses, a memorial wreath perhaps, with the child's picture in it.  I appreciate your love, your willingness to help families in need or love and support.  Please help me introduce....Gabe's Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment